|On offer at 33% discount - limited to current stocks|
The Ayrshire Road Run originated in 1993 as part of a local vintage rally and became a long distance run in 2001. The one day run was so successful that the following year it became a two day run with an overnight stop in Portpatrick. Once again there were over 100 vintage and classic commercial entered. There were three vehicles dating from the 1930s, the oldest being David Robinson's 1932 Bedford WS which had been used by his father since 1946. Peter Jones brought his 1938 Albion KL 126 Can Carrier and William Johnstone arrived with a 1930s Leyland Beaver Fuel Tanker. Also on the run was Michael Cooper's 1974 Shelvoke and Drewery (SD) refuse wagon. Also present was James Padkin's recently restored 1966 Albion Reiver, a farm lorry all of it's working life.
No Contents Listing Published, See Description