|On offer at 50% discount - limited to current stocks|
In his new book, well-known London cabbie Alf Townsend tells us the complete story of the black cab, from its origins at the time of Oliver Cromwell to the brand new taxis which now grace the capital's streets. This light-hearted romp through the world of 'the knowledge', the vehicles, the streets of London and the cabbies themselves, is full of juicy snippets and fascinating quotes and, with a multitude of great pictures too, is a must-have for anyone who loves this world-famous London icon.
- The Beginning
- The Following 200 Years
- The Demise of the Horse-Drawn Cabs
- Between the Two World Wars
- London Taxis at War – And After
- Heathrow Cabbies
- From the Early 1960s to the Present Day
- The Future of the Famous London Cabbie – and his Iconic Cab!
Area: UK London