ASPECTS OF SOUTHERN STEAM
From M7 & B4 tanks to Bullied Pacifics.
- November 2007
DVD Video DVD Video, PAL Format, Region Free, 13.5cm x 19cm x 1.5cm Case 75 Minutes
Publisher: Transport Video Publishing
Availability: No Longer Available
Publications on similar topics using all keywords (see below)
|The Southern Region played host to the last steam worked main line on Britain's Railways. It also possessed the last steam worked branch. At the same time a remarkable variety of motive power remained in service well into the 1960s from the Victorian 'Stroudly Terriers' to the 'Merchant Navy Pacifics'. This programme takes a look at the classes still in operation during the 1960s.|
- A visit to three steam worked branches, Wareham to Swanage, Lymington to Brockenhurst and Havant to Hayling Island featuring M7 tanks, `Standard` tanks, `Terriers`, `Bulleid` pacifics and a `Q` class.
- The cross-country Redhill to Reading line, between 1960 & 1964 with its remarkable variety of motive power, including `Maunsell` 2-6-Os, `Standard` 5s, `Schools` and even a 43xx mogul. Guildford Shed and Station are also seen. In contrast the Southern`s `Inter-Regionals` through Reading and Basingstoke saw `Bulleid` pacifics. These services including the famous `Pines Express` are shown at Oxford, Radley, Reading and Mortimer.
- The last steam worked main line is featured, with classic views from the `60s at Waterloo and Basingstoke, featuring a wide variety of classes including `Bulleid` pacifics, an H16, an 515, a `Schools`, `Standard` and `Ivatt` tanks, `Standard` 5s and even a pair of `Beattie Well Tanks`.
- Steam operations on some of the main Southern routes is also featured including M7s at Salisbury, a B4 0-4-0 tank at Winchester, a `Lord Nelson` plus the usual `Bulleid` &`Standard` motive power.
- The `holiday` route between Bournemouth & Weymouth is also explored with classic scenes taken during the period 1962 to 1967.
Tag cloud: pacifics victorian navy wareham swanage lymington brockenhurst bulleid cross-country maunsell mogul guildford basingstoke oxford radley mortimer waterloo ivatt beattie salisbury winchester bournemouth weymouth
Tell a friend about this publication
Other Titles from this publisher: