|On offer at 33% discount - limited to current stocks|
DVD-R Video (also available at HALF PRICE as VHS Cassette). When British Rail finalty abandoned wagon load traffic, and appeared to put every obstacle in the path of any company who actually wanted to continue using their rail freight services, it seemed inconceivable that any form of rail freight renaissance could ever take place - and yet that is exactly what has happened ! The first years under English Welsh and Scottish Railways ownership has already seen the biggest investment programme ever to benefit the UK rail freight scene, with huge orders for rolling stock and locos being placed, and well planned new wagon load services already being extended. Each splendidly photographed regional volume features superb line side action from across the entire current rail freight spectrum including freight only branch lines, Enterprise and bulk flow services. There's also the unique opportunity to go 'behind the scenes' and visit customers' premises to see wagons being unloaded and shunted. Supported by an informative and interesting script from the acknowledged rail freight expert Paul Shannon, Rail Freight Focus is the complete and definitive guide to all rail freight operations today! Recently there have been huge changes to railfreight operations in both Wales and the West Country. This brand new title examines all the major flows and assesses the implications for the future in view of the cut backs in steel production.
- Highlights include
- South Wales Steel traffic: including a last look at the iron ore trains from Port Talbot
- to Llanwern and the Ebbw Vale branch. Also flows from Trostre.
- Coal Traffic: Onllwyn, Tower, Aberthaw Power Station and a visit to Fifoots Point Power Station. Plus Avonmouth import terminal.
- Enterprise services in South Wales, including Cadoxton and Swansea trips and trunk service to Wembley.
- Gritstone from Cwmbargoed.
- Oil traffic on the Westerleigh branch.
- Royal mail services.
- Freightliner flows. New 66s on services from Wentloog Freightliner terminal and on the Calvert-Bath-Bristol waste train.
- China clay services, including the Fowey branch and the Parkandillack line. Also a visit to Imerys site at Rocks on the Newquay branch, as well as the Cliffe Vale service.
- Cement traffic to Moorswater.
Area: UK South Wales