|On offer at 25% discount - limited to current stocks|
DVD Video (also available at HALF PRICE as VHS Cassette).When Wisconsin Transportation took over BR'sTrainload Freight operation in the 'great privatisation sale' and renamed it English Welsh & Scottish Railway, one of its first actions was to place a massive order for 250 new locomotives with General Motors. This video, the first solely dedicated to these new machines, takes a detailed look at the design, construction and introduction of what has become the UK's standard traction unit - the Class 66.
- Produced with the full co-operation of EWS and GM Electro Motive Division, this 90 minute video includes:
- · A fully detailed look at General Motors EMD`s Canadian Workshops at London, Ontario, plus a selection of typicol local railway activity.
- · Following the full construction sequence of a locomotive from computer aided design, through fabrication of chassis and components to painting and final testing.
- · Testing of No. 66001 on the special line at Pueblo, Colorado, in the United States.
- · Interviews with senior EWS and GM staff explaining the technical aspects of the new locomotives.
- · The arrival ond press launch of No. 66001 at Imminghom depot and the impressive unloading operation of the frst production machines at Newport Docks.
- · Footage of locomotives in service with a cab ride on the Cricklewood to Forders `binliner`.
- · A look at some of the older classes of loco which the Class 66s will displace.