NEWCASTLE TROLLEYBUSES, ALSO GATESHEAD & NEWCASTLE TRAMS
DVD Video DVD-R Video, PAL Format, 13.5cm x 19cm x 1.5cm Case 90 Minutes
Publisher: Online Video
Availability: No Longer Available
Publications on similar topics using all keywords (see below)
|Features a selection of film capturing the glory days of Newcastle trolleybuses with some sequences of Gateshead & Newcastle trams, & follows the staged withdrawal of the trolleybuses. Special features: Quayside branch with the unique 1905 Bo-Bos; a mid-Tyne ferry; the Tyneside electrics; 'Hoppings' specials to Town Moor; Race Days; the Last Day; those that escaped.|
- Phase 1 – (June 1963) - ride the 34 over Glasshouse Bridge into Wallsend and shipyardland
- Phase 2 – (Feb. 1964) – catch 2 axle trolleys before their withdrawal; explore the 31s home of the Gosforths, travel across town on the 37/38 take a cricular trip via Matthew Bank and Jesmond Dene Road
- Phase 3 – (May 1965) – tackle reversers at Wallsend Park Road, Oaktree Avenue, Bingfield Gardens, Delavel Road and Benwell Church coast under umbrellas of overhead visit Central Station ride the last Gosforths and S7s
- Phase 4 – (Oct 1966) – power the 35s through the City Centre to Byker and Walker.
- Special Features – Quayside branch with the unique 1905 Bo-Bos a mid-Tyne ferry the Tybneside electrics Hoppings specials to Town Moor Race Days A Fire THE LAST DAY those that escaped.
Area: UK Tyneside
Tag cloud: newcastle gateshead mid-tyne ferry moor race glasshouse shipyardland axle cricular matthew jesmond dene oaktree bingfield delavel benwell church umbrellas byker fire
Tell a friend about this publication
Other Titles from this publisher: