|Clearance of old stock|
Please see Table of Contents on detail page for more information.
- The programme is split into the 9 chapters listed below.
- Chapter 1 NORTH-WEST ENGLAND - DRS loco 37612 is seen at Newton-le-Willows on 29 July 2002 with the 0545 Cardiff - Manchester Piccadilly; CLAG machine 37712 passes Acton Bridge on 19 Dec 2002 with the 491 tonnes 6L31 1130 Carlisle-Crewe.
- Chapter 2 WALES & THE BORDERS - Standing in a for an unavailable Class 60 are 37886 and 37682 passing Llandarcy with the 6B33 1335 Theale-Robeston empty tanks; 37402 looks resplendent in `Margam grey` as it pulls away from Caerphilly on 14 June 2003 with the 1615 Rhymney-Cardiff
- Chapter 3 THE SLUGS (All 6 of the sub-class appear in this section) - 37902 passes through Cardiiff on 18 December 1995 with steel coil bound for Ebbw Vale; Just four weeks before withdrawal 37905 is seen approaching Newport with a working from Swindon to Alexander Dock Jn on 26 November 1998.
- Chapter 4 MIDDLE ENGLAND - Possibly the noisiest entrance to a station I have ever heard and definitely not to be missed ! 37502 & 37418 wake up Wolverhampton with arrival of the 0810 Wolverhampton-Carlisle charter on 9 August 1992; On 11 June 2003 37406 was transferred back to Scotland from it`s sojourn in South Wales by way of the 6E35 1142 Llanwern to Lackenby service. Here she passes Ambergate Jn, north of Derby.
- Chapter 5 THAMES TO TYNE - Mainline blue pairing of 37248 & 37375 pull away from Lincoln on 7 December 2002 after arriving with a railtour from Swindon; Large logo blue 37116 passes Barnetby on 30 September 1991 with a heavy oil train. Note the unofficial Tinsley name `COMET`.
- Chapter 6 CORNWALL TO KENT - An exceptionally rare working captured on film at Guildford on 4 January 2000 was 37042 top & tailing with 47844 on the 1M32 Portsmouth Harbour to Blackpool service; High speed duo passing Little Bedwyn on the West of England main line on 23 November 2002 are 37710 & 37890 with a Victoria to Westbury railtour.
- Chapter 7 JOIN THE CLUB - This section is devoted to the Manchester Club Trains which were 37 hauled from 1991 to 1996; Some diagrams went over to sprinter from the middle of 1995. One such turn was the Manchester-Southport service, seen here at Gathurst on 13 April 1995 with 37421.
- Chapter 8 NORTH OF THE BORDER - 10 Years ago still saw Class 37 hauled trains in Scotland as 37188 & 37051 leave Perth with the 0945 Inverness-Glasgow Q.S. on 27 August 1993; A historic shot indeed as the final 37 hauled 1M12 Aberdeen-Euston sleeper is seen soon after departure on the evening of 26 May 1995. 37153 & 37505 are in charge.
- Chapter 9 CLOSE TO THE EDGE - this section is dedicated to scenes ranging from scrapyards to the ressurrection back to main line duty of some of the class; 37038 and 37029 blast through Cwmbran with 1Z11 1915 Cardiff-Liverpool footex of 12 May 2001; Climbing Dainton bank on a Par to Exeter Eden special on 24 August 2002 is 37197 in the grey and green livery of Riley railways.
Tag cloud: newton-le-willows cardiff manchester clag acton carlisle-crewe llandarcy theale-robeston margam rhymney-cardiff sub-class cardiiff steel coil ebbw newport swindon dock wolverhampton wolverhampton-carlisle charter scotland sojourn llanwern lackenby derby tyne lincoln railtour logo barnetby tinsley comet cornwall kent guildford portsmouth harbour blackpool bedwyn victoria westbury club sprinter manchester-southport gathurst perth inverness-glasgow aberdeen-euston sleeper cwmbran
Tell a friend about this publication
Other Titles from this publisher: