|VHS Cassette (also available as DVD-R Video). This informative series charts the highs and lows of the rail freight renaissance that has been taking place since privatisation. The biggest investment programme ever to benefit the UK rail freight scene, is already starting to benefit some services, and competition between service providers to run the trains is now very intensive. Each splendidly photographed regional volume feature superb lineside action from across the entire current rail freight spectrum including freight only branch lines, Enterprise and bulk flow services. There's also the unique opportunity to go “behind the scenes” and visit customers premises to see wagons being unloaded and shunted. Supported by an informative and interesting script from the ackowledged rail freight expert Paul Shannon, Rail Freight Focus is the complete and definitive guide to all rail freight operations today.|
- Freightliner Heavy Haul activity at Drewsbury
- A visit to Rexam Glass on the Monk Bretton branch
- Roxby Rubbish Flows
- A Close look at traffic around Immingham, and Scunthorpe featuring iron Ore, steel. coal, oil and paper traffics.
- Potter Group railhead at Selby – one of the fastest growing rail freight terminals in the country. Traffics include the new Medite trains operated by GB Rail Freight, plus EWS Enterprise and aggregate flows.
- Drax power station; behind the scenes to see EWS and freightliner coal flows.
- The scenic Boulby branch with its heavy potash trains.
- Traffic around Lackenby including Freightliner services to Wilton
- Direct Rail Services nuclear traffic from Seaton-on-Tees
- Tyne Yard traffic including oil from Jarrow and Royal Mail services
- Alumina from North Blyth and coal from Butterwell
- Enterprise services including Hull, Wakefield and Tees Dock
- Loco classes: 08, 20, 37, 56, 60, 66, 67
Area: UK North East
Tag cloud: dvd-r paul shannon freightliner drewsbury glass monk bretton roxby rubbish immingham scunthorpe steel traffics potter railhead selby medite drax boulby potash lackenby wilton nuclear tyne jarrow mail alumina blyth butterwell hull wakefield dock
Tell a friend about this publication
Other Titles in this Series: