|So . . . you thought the previous 11 programmes in the highly-acclaimed TRACTION series had covered just about every bizarre working imaginable? Well, you're in good company. So did we. But . . . the year 2001 roared in with a whole army of astonishing workings and even more remarkable modern traction developments - all of which unfold before your very eyes in this latest thrilling instalment!|
- FREIGHT TRAFFIC & TRACTION:
- - 37412 & 37428 work the Immingham-Llanwern iron ore;
- - 86261 hauling a Bescot-Warrington MGR;
- - the extraordinary sight of 73131 on the Leicester-Toton fuel tanks;
- - EPS duo 37604 & 37606 on the Northolt-Calvert Bins;
- - 37520 & 37674 on the Rylstone-Leeds aggregates;
- - 20306 & 20310 with a CWR set at Oxted in Surrey;
- - 37608 & 37611 with Freightliner coal over the GSW route;
- - 73131 & 73136 on a Dollands Moor-Tonbridge Enterprise;
- - Royal Scotsman-liveried 37401 on the Grangemouth-Dalston tanks and the Longannet fly ash;
- - 92013 with the first 92-hauled freight on the ECML;
- - 37065 hauling the first Chiltern tank train in 10 years;
- - 31110 & 73108 & 73136 triple-head a Temple Mills-Hoo Junction departmental;
- - 47761 on the Kings Cross-Ketton cement;
- - 73129 on the Great Western main line with a CWR set;
- - Class 37s & 56s on the Edinburgh Bins;
- - Class 31s, 37s and a Res 47 on the Forders Bins;
- - FOUR blue-liveried locos on ONE depart-mental train;
- - Class 56s return to Southampton on automotive traffic;
- - EWS Class 31s bow out in style at Old Oak Common;
- - the end of the Scottish Cromptons;
- - GB Railfreight 66/7s enter service . . .
- - and 57601 emerges from Brush to work for Freightliner Heavy Haul!
- PASSENGER WORKINGS, RAILTOURS & SPECIALS:
- - A Virgin freight-haulage bonanza, featuring 37248, 37608, 37609, 56105, 56115, 59204 & 92013 - plus, the astonishing spin from Brighton to Reading with 73118 & 73130;
- - Class 67s re-start the Scotrail Sleepers;
- - top & tail Freightliner 47s on hire to Anglia for Norwich-Lowestoft/Great Yarmouth shuttles;
- - Virgin`s 47828 on the Severn Valley Railway;
- - DRS`s 37611 on Cardiff-Rhymney Ruggex duties;
- - D449 on the Portsmouth Direct with the `Vac Venturer`;
- - Fragonset 31s on the Fife Circle;
- - the last train to Wisbech . . .
- - and FA Cup specials with Class 31s, 37s and 67s.
- THERE`S ALSO . . .
- - 37670 on Scottish snowplough duties;
- - 56007 delivering new Class 333 EMUs to Skipton;
- - Crompton D6598 on SWT driver training runs;
- - re-painted GIF Class 37 movements to Spain;
- - 20314 shunting at Castleton Yard;
- - Res 47s visit Newhaven Marine;
- - 73118 travelling to Derby - and then working a Serco test train;
- - 67014 hauling a CWR set from Doncaster-Rugby;
- - 66516 on Humberside hauling a rake of 4-CEPS to Immingham;
- - long-lost HST power car 43104 hauling the Doncaster Works test train;
- - top & tail Class 37s on Skipton-Neville Hill Class 308 stock moves;
- - 33108 returning to the main line;
- - the re-naming ceremony of D821 Cornwall at Falmouth . . .
- - and D1015 Western Chamyion hauling its first train in 25 years!
Tag cloud: army immingham-llanwern bescot-warrington leicester-toton fuel northolt-calvert surrey freightliner moor-tonbridge grangemouth-dalston longannet ecml chiltern triple-head mills-hoo cross-ketton edinburgh southampton scottish railfreight virgin freight-haulage spin brighton scotrail hire anglia norwich-lowestoft yarmouth severn cardiff-rhymney ruggex d449 portsmouth venturer fragonset fife wisbech snowplough emus skipton crompton d6598 spain castleton marine derby serco doncaster-rugby rake immingham
Tell a friend about this publication
Other Titles in this Series: